Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Marta Olsdatter - immigration

Marta Olsdatter, the 3rd child born to Sigri Gunnersdatter and Ole Larson was also the 3rd of their 6 children to leave Norway and (I assume) move to the United States.  As of today's date, these are the last records I have found for Marta.   The search continues.....

Here is the Odda parish emigration record, Hordaland County, Norway for Marta (entry #63) who left the parish on April 21, 1881.    This was the first document I've encountered that spelled her name as Martha rather than Marta.   




















Here is the transcribed emigration record from Bergen which indicates Marta (again, spelled Martha) left Norway on May 5, 1881 traveling on one of the ships from the American Line.    I have not been able to locate a passenger list which included Marta so I do not know on which ship she sailed.  There were 24 ships built prior to 1881 on the American Line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment